Director of Children and Youth Ministry
San Angelo, TX
The Unified Christian Ministry of First Christian Church (DoC) and Grace Presbyterian Chapel (PCUSA) of San Angelo, TX is seeking the right person to join our church staff. The ideal candidate is someone who has a heart for Jesus, is eager to learn and grow, is open to ecumenical ministry, and feels called to serve children and youth.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation. The scope of work will be designed to match the candidate’s strengths. Also, depending on education and experience, the candidate will have the opportunity to attend Austin Seminary and work toward a Master of Arts in Youth Ministry at no cost to the candidate. See www.cymt.org/graduate-residency to learn more about the program.
Applicants are encouraged to submit a letter of interest and resume via email to Rev. T.J. Shoop-York and will need to include a brief response to the following questions:
- Describe your faith journey and call to ministry.
- Describe your concept of youth ministry today.
- Describe your gifts for ministry including skills, special interests, and abilities.
- Describe your leadership strengths and methods.
- Describe your long-range goals.
- If interested in theological education at Austin Seminary, or any other higher education, please indicate so.
See full details at www.fccsanangelo.org/job-posting.
Salary for this position is competitive and will be adjusted based on experience, benefit needs, and desire to seek an advanced degree in Youth Ministry.
- Full-time; would consider part-time if we need to split children and youth ministry into two positions.
- Depending on need, we can offer health insurance, dental and vision, retirement, paid time off, and expense reimbursement. If fewer benefits are needed, salary may be adjusted upward.