Director of Youth Ministry
About the Church
First Presbyterian Church of Charlotte is a warm and loving family of faith in Jesus Christ, seeking to understand and follow God’s word and teachings. Located in the central business district of Charlotte, the church is a large congregation of 2,000 members but has a small and intimate feel through a variety of intentional, connective ministries. First Pres is an inclusive community that brings their diverse social, political, and theological perspectives to be woven together in a caring community of believers for Christ in the heart of Charlotte.
About the Ministry
Youth Ministry at First Pres Charlotte encompasses programs with 6th-12th graders and their families, including but not limited to Sunday School, Presbyterian Youth Connection, Small Groups, and more. This is a healthy and strong congregation, with lots of potential and lots of fun!
The ideal candidate will have experience building a discipleship program with middle and high school students and their families, preferably in a medium or large church context. A collaborative leader, this person will engage the larger church in supporting the youth ministry in order to guide young people to Christ.
- Provide spiritual leadership to middle school and high school students and their families, equipping students to be followers of Jesus Christ
- Create a safe haven for students to interact with others, provide mutual support for each other, and explore their faith
- Be responsible for the planning, organizing, and coordination of youth ministry at FirstPresbyterian Church Charlotte
- Plan, implement, and evaluate educational and fellowship opportunities for middle school and high school youth
- Offer meaningful training opportunities that equip youth advisors and teachers to take a greater role in the lives of youth
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Ministry experience in a church environment
- Understanding of and commitment to PC(USA) Reformed theology, or willingness to learn
- Ability to plan mission trips and retreats and travel with youth
- Diversity training and/or experience in a diverse and inclusive setting preferred
About the Community
Charlotte is a dynamic, growing urban city center in North Carolina. With proximity to the gorgeous Blue Ridge mountains, and an easy drive to the ocean coast, the city is situated perfectly in the beauty of the state while also providing exceptional resources within the metro area. If you are looking for a temperate climate, city living, and access to nature, Charlotte has it all!
- Full Time
- Full Health