We are excited that you are considering submitting a workshop idea of the PYWA Track at the 2021 APCE Annual Event. The theme for the event is Circle of Faith: 50 years and beyond – connecting, enriching, empowering, sustaining.
The scriptures leading the event are Hebrews 11 – 12:2, with 12:1 as the focus text, encourage us:
“Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight and the sin that clings so closely, and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us.”
Our Goals for Workshops
- To experience the wisdom of the great people who are leading youth and family ministry around the country
- To share innovative ideas that meet the challenges of the present moment and frame the needs of the
We hope to offer a variety of workshops that support the health, growth, and knowledge of all people engaging in youth and family ministry, regardless of how they are defined. The workshop should reflect the core values of PYWA:
- Connecting to one another for support, growth, and discovery
- Upholding all youth workers and the youth they minister to
- Sustaining each other through our shared ministry experiences and enriching our gifts to thrive in
the ministry we are called to
Will Your Workshop…
- Help people connect to support or each other?
- Enrich the faithful, the seeker, the burned-out, and the disillusioned?
- Empower the voiceless and marginalized – both workshop participants and those they seek to serve?
- Sustain ministries for an ever-changing world?
- Explore who is missing from our faith circles and how to include them?
- Identify broken circles that seek reconciliation and closed circles moving toward inclusion?
PYWA is seeking workshop presenters who are passionate about what they are doing and who they are serving. We will choose a limited number of workshops (1 ½ or 3 hours) that are engaging, interactive, and innovative. Workshops are needed that offer personal growth opportunities and practical ideas that can be implemented immediately. We seek a variety of workshops to support the brand new youth workers AND motivate the seasoned educator.