Interim Student Ministries Director Position – Either Full or Part Time
St. John’s Presbyterian Church
Los Angeles, California
St. John’s Presbyterian Church of West Los Angeles is seeking an Interim Director of Student Ministries to lead our program for middle school and high school students. Responsibilities include:
- Organizing and leading Sunday evening youth meetings with the assistance of adult and student leaders. Meetings involve games/activities, worship through music, biblical teaching, and small discussion groups.
- Actively and appropriately engaging students beyond designated meetings to build strong relationships. This would include supporting students’ extracurricular activities (music, sports, theater, etc.).
- Engaging students, parents, and volunteers by maintaining regular, timely communication through emails, texts, and social media.
- Planning and implementing special events for student participation (including off-site activities).
- Coordinating and cooperating with other church staff and lay leaders to proactively integrate student ministries into the larger life of the church.
- Participating in weekly church staff meetings, working closely with our Director of Children and Family Ministries, attending a monthly Growing in Faith commission meeting, and providing a brief update to the congregation at least once per month during Sunday morning worship.
St. John’s is in a time of transition with a current core group of around 8-10 dedicated students. We are looking for a special interim leader who is sensitive to keeping our small group together and further deepening those relationships. At the same time, we need a “builder” who understands creative approaches to ministry growth for our specific context and has a heart for outreach.
Our ideal candidate has a dedicated and vibrant personal faith in Christ and a Youth Ministry (or similar) degree. If he or she is not already involved in the Presbyterian Church (USA) we would need the candidate to be supportive and respectful of our specific faith tradition. Musical ability is a major plus, though not a requirement.
This interim position may be either a full or part time role, depending on the candidate and her or his availability. Compensation is $24-$29 per hour, depending on experience. Though this is an interim position that St. John’s seeks to fill immediately, the Interim Director would be eligible to apply for the permanent position.
To apply, contact [email protected].
Either full or part time
Salary range: 55,000
Benefits: Yes, health insurance