Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries
Kirk of Kildaire
This position will work with our youth and young adult ministries by strengthening and empowering our volunteers. Specifically, they will be:
- Collaborative: Design and direct programs in partnership with the youth council, the Youth & Young Adult Ministry Team, youth advisors, Sunday School teachers, Confirmation Mentors, young adults, and families.
- Relational: Build caring and healthy Christian relationships by creating opportunities to share ownership and mentor youth and young adults as they assume leadership roles.
- In communication: Ensure good communication between the Youth and Young Adult Ministry Team, Kirk Staff, our families, the congregation, and the community.
- A visionary: Set the pace, paying attention to where the Holy Spirit is leading us.
- A partner: Join with other Ministry Teams to partner in serving Christ together.
- Missional: Find opportunities for our youth and young adults to put their faith into practice locally and beyond.
- Responsive: Improve programs continuously by gathering feedback and actively listening to our constituents.
- Supportive: Recruit, train, resource, and support adult volunteers. Ensure compliance with safety policies.
- Organized: Lead planning and complete logistics for the annual budget, trips, and conferences.
- An example: Accomplish the mission and vision of Youth and Young Adult Ministry by being a faithful disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Full Time
- Benefits: Yes – Insurance (Board of Pensions), Con Ed