Director of Student Ministries
Isle of Hope UMC
Isle of Hope United Methodist Church is a beautiful community located about twenty minutes from historic downtown Savannah. This mission-oriented church offers traditional and modern worship services in amazing facilities and supporting ministries that care for people at every stage of life. Whether coming to Christ for the first time or continuing a lifelong journey, you will find a place to grow closer to God at Isle of Hope.
The Student Ministries at Isle of Hope regularly engage around 25 students from 6th-12th grades. Like many Methodist congregations, this church is grappling with denominational challenges that have seen some families choose to separate from the UMC over the last year. This ministry, though, has a core group of invested students, supported by families who continue to call this church home, and there’s a firm foundation to continue building upon – and thriving. With healing still happening, the volunteer team is caring and committed and there’s great excitement for the next staff leader who will join in this new season.
The Ideal Candidate
You will thrive in this role if you have a passion for walking with youth and young adults and helping others do the same. Creative ideas are welcome here, clear communication and programmatic organization is expected, and a thoughtful approach to equipping families and volunteer leaders to be faith supporters in their roles is a must.
- Lead and supervise all programming of education, discipleship, fellowship, and outreach for students in 6th Grade through College
- Attend the activities of the students (school lunches, athletic events, chapels, individual extracurricular activities and events of all types, and campus activities) to foster relationships with students and their families.
- Recruit, train, encourage, and equip Student Leadership, Adult Leadership, and Youth Committees.
- Foster relationships with parents, ensuring a smooth transition with families across the spectrum of our family ministries.
- Coordinate student communications strategy with support from the Communications Coordinator to produce and maintain the newsletter, website, and social media sites.
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior demonstrated in daily living and a calling to this ministry.
- A personal theology that is consistent with UMC/Wesleyan doctrine and in alignment with the vision and mission of Isle of Hope United Methodist Church.
- A bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience in supporting a successful Student Ministry are desirable.
- Proficient or trainable with standard office equipment and church-specific software: ACS and Facility Scheduler (Church Life).
For more information and to send your resumes, please use this link.
- Full time