Director of Student Ministries
Trinity Evangelical Presbyterian Church
Is God calling you to lead a student ministry in a church home that loves Jesus Christ deeply, that humbly seeks his presence and guidance at every step and that overflows with a genuine welcoming, informal, loving spirit?
If so, God may be leading you to Trinity.
At Trinity, we are a 300-person congregation who has a burning desire for God, his heart and to proclaim the Gospel. We are a dynamic mix of generations, cultures and backgrounds and we are looking for a new leader of Student Ministries to lead out Middle School, High School and Young Adult ministries.
We are seeking a Director of Student Ministries who can build on the exceptional culture the Lord has blessed us with within our student ministry over the last five years. This is a great chance for someone who is early in their ministry career to participate in God’s vision for our church and to not only build a thriving student ministry, but also build a life.
We are a strong community-based church located in Florence, SC, a family-oriented city located centrally between the coasts of SC (Myrtle Beach and Charleston are 1 hour away) and the mountains of SC/NC (Charlotte and Greenville are 2-3 hours away).
Here is a little bit more about us and the role:
The Vision of Trinity is to be a dynamic fellowship that loves Jesus Christ and which unites cultures and generations through the presence of the Holy Spirit and the power of the Gospel to love and transform individuals, families and communities.
The Mission of Trinity is to make disciple-makers who are committed to gathering for the teaching of the Word, prayer, worship, and fellowship and then scattering for ministry, service, and proclaiming the Gospel from Western Florence to the ends of the earth.
Our students regularly serve in roles both inside and outside the ministry as they learn to use their gifts in the power of the Holy Spirit. We have a thriving musical core within our student community that also participates on our Sunday Morning Adult Worship team on a weekly basis.
We are also a thriving multi-cultural ministry that welcomes students from all backgrounds and unifies them in Kingdom advancement.
Our Middle School through High School ministry averages 15 to 25 teenagers each week and has tremendous potential for growth in our area. Our Young Adult ministry is only two years old but consistently averages 15 to 25 students during the school year and more during the summer months.
Florence provides a multitude of resources for student ministry from easy access to South Carolina beaches to a growing youth minister network among local churches. There will be great facilities at your disposal, a healthy budget, the opportunity to serve under a supportive Session of Elders and alongside a godly and passionate staff.
What We’re Looking For
- Genuine belief and faith in Jesus Christ with a demonstrable living relationship with God. You actively seek God’s direction and are under his authority.
- Humble and authentic student of the Word with a strong working knowledge of the Bible.
- A clear and passionate call for students and ministry with a gift of teaching and passion for disciple making.
- Strong relational skills with students and adults to develop lasting relationships with students and families.
- Organizational skills and the ability to manage a growing student program, including budgeting and scheduling.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check for any convictions directly related to the role, duties and responsibilities.
- Alignment to Trinity’s Vision and Mission statements.
- 3-5 years of youth ministry experience or equivalent experience in other ministry leadership areas or seminary.
- Alignment to the tenets of Reformed Theology and the Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
- Spanish speaking skills.
- Musical instrument skills.
- Standard benefits available