Director of Children and Youth Ministries
St James Presbyterian Church, Tarzana
19414 Ventura Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 91356
TITLE: DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN AND YOUTH MINISTRIES
To coordinate children and youth programs of the church, including but not limited to providing opportunities for personal growth and fellowship through Bible studies, Sunday School programs, mission projects, holiday, and summer activities of children and youth ages infant through college. All programming will be planned considering the entire church program calendar. The Director will be responsible for publicizing Children and Youth Ministries activities and plans with regular articles in the Epistle and other appropriate media.
Pastor, as Head of Staff (primary) and Christian Education Ministry team (secondary)
- Sunday morning children’s sermon.
- Sunday church school programs for children and youth:
- Evaluate curriculum and resource materials.
- Order materials.
- Provide for teacher training.
- Oversee education facility and equipment and report needs to appropriate ministry teams.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing the following programs:
- Fellowship program for the children.
- Youth fellowship activities for Junior High, Senior High and College age.
- Vacation Bible School.
- Confirmation classes for youth
- Programming for special church holidays such as Easter and Christmas.
- Provide support for the following opportunities:
- Church camping experiences for children and youth.
- Mission education.
Responsible for ensuring that the St. James’ Child and Youth Protection Policy is maintained and complied with including, but not limited to, ensuring background checks and training for employees and volunteers is completed.
Meet regularly with the pastor and chair of the Christian Education Ministry and attend Session and ministry team meetings as needed.
This is a part-time, non-exempt position. It is expected that, on average, twenty hours per week will be required to accomplish the performance requirements. It is anticipated that there will be variance with different seasons
The Director of Children and Youth Ministries will record all hours worked on a timesheet provided by St. James Presbyterian Church which will include scheduled times for programs and time spent planning projects for the church.
- Benefits: no