The Way of Peace on d365
When we hear the news about wars and conflict — whether in the Holy Land or in Ukraine or other places around the globe — we are shocked and saddened, and we may become overwhelmed or numb, or confused. How do we respond in faith? Christian pastors and advocates with connections to Palestine, Israel, Armenia, and Ukraine, as well as a Jewish Rabbi — all reflect on the theme, “The Way of Peace,” through this d365 devotional series that ran October 23rd – 29th. You can still access these devotionals at any time using the d365 search feature on the website or app by searching for the keyword “peace” or selecting one of the devotionals by date (October 23rd – 29th).
- Rev. Dr. George A. Mason is senior pastor emeritus of Wilshire Baptist Church in Dallas, Texas and president of Faith Commons, an interfaith organization that promotes peace and works for the common good.
- Rabbi Salem Pearce is the Director of Spirituality at the Goldring/Woldenberg Institute of Southern Jewish Life.
- Rev. Leyla King, a Palestinian-American Episcopal priest, preacher, and writer.
- Mina Podgyski, a native of Chihuahua, Mexico, and her husband Gennady, have served in Kyiv, Ukraine, for the last 20 years through The Cooperative Baptist Fellowship.
- Rev. Dr. Nathaniel A. Warne is currently the priest at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Mishawaka, Indiana. He is a published author and a proud Armenian-American.
- Rev. Halim Shukair hails from Beirut, Lebanon, and currently lives in Dearborn, MI, where he is an Priest-In-Charge at Christ Episcopal Church Dearborn, and Priest-in-Charge for Mother of the Savior Church, Dearborn, MI.
d365 is a ministry of Passport, Inc. d365 is sponsored ecumenically by the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, the Presbyterian Mission Agency, and the Episcopal Church. d365 hosts devotions daily and three seasonal series for Advent, Lent, and an August series called Back2School. Daily devotionals are available 365 days of the year on d365.org and through our free Apple and Android apps.